Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

End of May, New Apartment, and Kids Camp

Wow!!  Has life been crazy in the McCormick household.  I've been so busy it's been forever since i've been able to sit in front of a computer and put it all on paper!  But, it's been a wonderful busy!!

End of May:
The end of May came and school came to an end!  It was bittersweet packing up my classroom those last few days! My wonderful co-workers threw me a going away party!  I have been so blessed making such great friends at work!  I am going to miss them so much!!!  It is such a blessing to go to work and be surrounded by your friends!!  Thank you Oak Grove family for making my two years there the best!!  

New Apartment:
As soon as we were able to leave school, I hopped in my car and drove to Cleveland.  OKRA Kids Camp was about to start and I had to get to work.  During this time, John and I had decided on looking for a place to live and move to Cleveland in July!  This would give us time to settle before school started.  Well, lets just say I drove to Cleveland on Thursday, and we had an apartment by Friday!!!  Talk about crazy!!  Camp was starting on Monday, and we could start moving in on Wednesday!!!  In two weekends, we were moved out of our house and settled in Cleveland...ohh and on top of this I was working the camp all day!!  So we are now official residents of Cleveland, MS and have absolutely loved being together.  One of our good friends and his wife also live in our apt complex.  It has been so great getting to know Amanda and hang out with her and Kevin.  We have started a bible study once and week.  I am so happy to have a new friend and continue to get to know her more!!!

Kids Camp:
This was my 3rd year having the opportunity to work the OKRA Kids Camp
Outdoor + Kids = Recreation and Activity
This camp is such an amazing camp for the kids in the delta area.  They come for a week straight and are introduced to new sports and recreation activities as well as nutrition.  This camp is so dear to me!  It is so exciting to see our staff pour into our youth and help establish a health way of life for them!  Our wish is that these kids leave camp with a love for recreation and a drive to make healthy choices!!!


It has been a crazy few weeks!!  I cannot wait to see what this next year has in store for us!!

Psalm 25:4
"Make me know your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths"

No comments:

Post a Comment